Sunday 3 August 2014

Snap frozen?!

We were very glad of all our wood-stacking efforts last night. The temperature was -1 at 9:00pm and obviously dropped further over-night as there was frost this morning.

At 7:30am, the reading was -4 degrees! I considered taking some photos but decided bed was the better option. When I did rouse myself an hour or so later, the world had "warmed" to -2 degrees.

I checked on my plants.  I've been very pleased with the growth of my broad beans.  I was even starting to look at recipes (cos I have no idea what to do with them when they are ready), so hope they survive their icy morning. The very clever Nammo (who is an accomplished gardener and even more greatly accomplished photographer) commented how awesome it is that I can grow snap-frozen veg, all ready for the freezer!  I guess that might work for the rainbow chard?!

We've had some frost this season, though perhaps not as much as last year. It's hard to keep track as I don't keep an ongoing record of temperatures/conditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment